After having submitted the application via the Online Application System for Postgraduate Programmes, applicants are required to upload scanned copies of the following supporting documents to the Online Application System for Postgraduate Programmes by the deadline.
Copies of certificates of academic/professional qualifications may include university certificates of graduation, examination certificates and proof of other qualifications. Applicants who obtained degrees from Mainland China should provide Chinese version of both degree certificate (學位證書) and graduation certificate (畢業證書).
Copies of Official transcripts (with a complete record of courses attended and examination results) and grading schemes of all tertiary level studies should be submitted.
- CUHK qualifications (Bachelor’s or higher degrees):
- Photocopies of transcripts issued by CUHK are accepted (not applicable to CUHK (Shenzhen) qualifications).
The University reserves the right to require applicants to submit original transcripts.
- Other qualifications:
- Starting from the 2020-21 intake, scanned copies of the latest official academic transcripts with official chop from the Registry or Office responsible for handling student records is accepted for issuing the admission offers. However, documents printed from the system or any other documents without a proper letterhead and an official chop will not be accepted. Besides, there should be explanatory notes printed / attached to the transcript indicating the grading scheme of the University.
- Certificates and transcripts, which are not in English or Chinese, should be accompanied by an official certified translation in English.
Admitted students are required to submit original copies of those official documents for verification by the conditions fulfillment deadline. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to register and commence studies at the University. Official transcripts should be sent directly to relevant unit stated in Admission Notification in a sealed envelope from the issuing university. Some universities may only issue electronic official transcripts to other institutions. In that event, official electronic transcripts should be sent to relevant unit directly from the issuing university.
- Applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide a valid Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) and a valid Online Verification Report of Higher Education Degree Certificate (中國高等教育學位線上驗證報告) issued by the CHESICC (學信網) together with their degree certificate and graduation certificate.
- The University may require applicants to provide verification reports of the qualification obtained. Applicants will be notified by the Graduate Division concerned/Graduate School separately.
If you are currently in the final year of your study, you are required to submit the final official transcript before starting your postgraduate study at CUHK.
Applicants are required to fulfil the English Language Admissions Requirement by submitting any one of the following documents:
- A copy of graduation certificate issued by a university in Hong Kong; or
- A certifying letter issued by the Registry of the university confirming the medium of instruction of your degree programme was English; or
- Original valid official score report of TOEFL^ (University’s institution code: 0812)/IELTS (Academic)^/GMAT (Verbal)^ sent directly from the test organization to the University (HKPFS only accepts score report of TOEFL or IELTS (Academic)); or
- Certification of Results of the English Language subject in Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (AS Level), or Hong Kong Higher Level Examination, or Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination provided by Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority; or
- Certified true copy* of Statement of Results/report of the English Language subject in General Certificate of Education (GCE) A-level or AS-level/CUHK Matriculation Examination; or
- Certified true copy* of certificate of a recognized professional qualification for which the examination was conducted in English. Different programmes may accept different professional qualifications, please contact the respective Graduate Division for details.
^TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years from the test date. GMAT scores are considered valid for five years from the test date.
*The certified true copy must be issued by the official organization or relevant test organization. The University may require applicants to provide the original documents for verification.
Applicants are required to invite TWO referees to complete the Confidential Recommendations Report. After you have successfully submitted the application, you can input information of the TWO referees through the Online Application System for Postgraduate Programmes. The University will send invitations for confidential recommendations to the referees.
Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities by distance learning or by completing a curriculum of short duration may be required to provide assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained. Applicants will be notified by the Graduate Division concerned separately.
The University may require applicants to submit additional information or documentary proof if deemed necessary. All documents submitted will not be returned. If the application is unsuccessful, all documents will be destroyed. Applicants are required to provide true, accurate and complete information in support of their applications. Any misrepresentation in the documents and information provided will result in disqualification of their applications and subsequent enrolments in the University.